Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Restless....




I woke up this morning around quarter to five...
... the wind was howling and the rain pelting down so hard 
that I was sure my chickens would be floating around in their run
(can chickens swim???))

I had to get up and move
The storm rendered me grateful for a gas hob
Here in the hills we lose power during storms regularly
Tree branches (and often trees themselves) crash to the ground
... taking power lines down with graceful ease

Then heroes - volunteering heroes - come out from the safety
of their homes to assist in the clean up that ensues

This would be one of those stormy days for sure

I wondered where Spring had disappeared to
Why was she so shy this year?
We need the rain and I'm a Winter loving gal
Yet ... today I felt...
 I would like to see the sunshine at least once....

♥♥♥





4 comments:

Vintage Jane said...

Stay safe and dry hon ... there'll be sunny days ahead ... M x

terlee said...

While I'm eagerly awaiting the end of a terribly hot Summer and the cooler days of Fall ahead, it's still lovely to see your cheery Spring daffodils...

marileni said...

Τι όμορφες φθινόπωρο σε φωτογραφίες !

Φιλία απο την Ελλάδα

Neesie said...

I'm enduring a rainy hoolie day (hoolie is a Scottish word for strong wind by the way)
It's Sunday so there's nothing for it but to stay indoors, light a fire and curl up with a good book whilst the Sunday lunch roasts.

Aren't those volunteer workers heros?

Stay safe and just wait Angy...I'm sure spring will take a deep breath and bravely come to play once again :D
xoxo