Monday, May 14, 2012

The best Mothers Day yet...


Woken up with a delicious breakfast of poached
 eggs cooked by Young Prince 
(and served with PRESENTS!)


Our girls give us the most delicious eggs I've ever tasted.


Look at that yellow yolk! Sunshine on toast.
After scoffing it's time for tea and cards and gifts and chatting
and laughing and loving... all in bed... YAY!


My favourite chocolates and some super comfy jammies - I must
confess I have an addiction/obsession with sleep wear. I love the range
at Sussan and I have quite the weakness for this and this too! 
Sigh...

Then brought to life with a sublime shower
outside...

This is part of the view I get to enjoy every time



... the birds are calling and the sun 
is just about to burst through the clouds.
Blessed... oh yes.


Then I had to quickly wrap the gifts we had for my Mum.
(brown paper + string ♥♥)


I found this image for her card
(we generally make all our cards ... a skill we've
acquired from Mum... hers are still the best though)


I also managed to score this great big craft magnifying 
glass for her (in it's original box) from a thrift store.
Mums eyesight is not what it used to be so so this was 
a winner.... useful AND recycled.


Of course I am Mum to some feathered folk
too and enjoying a delicious cuppa 
along with one .... ok TWO ... of my chocolates....


whilst watching them scratch and make a noise.
My kinda crazy idea of fun.



I meandered through the garden feeling 
incredibly abundant, blessed and loved.


Sometimes I still have to pinch myself and 
say "Yes ... this is real... a dream cottage...
fertile land... chickens... trees...... 


... life all around ...


... beauty everywhere I look"


Just the boost one needs before 
readying the house for guests.....




Flowers and candles... a dinner party staple.




And the rest ... well that did not get photographed because quite frankly
I was just too busy having a blooming good time.
My family came up and we laughed and ate and talked and loved.
I do wish I had taken a photo of my littlest niece emptying a 
tub of tiny rocks on the deck and smiling as though she had 
just painted a masterpiece. Her dirty hands and golden curls
a perfect metaphor for the day... BEAUTIFUL FUN.

Thank you Hubby and Young Prince.
I'm one very blessed Lady.
XXX









4 comments:

Neesie said...

What perfection!
A beautiful post. I feel the same about where I am in my life just now ~ can I really be living this...I too am truly blessed. :D ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Thando said...

He is the sweetest.

WolvesAtTheDoor said...

You deserve all that and more Fras, gorgwa pics as usual!!

chasing lightning bugs said...

i love reading about your wonderful day and your beautiful life with your amazing boys and chicks