Sunday, October 28, 2012

A minute from my morning


We've had crazy weather lately. Four seasons in a day complete with a thunderstorm or two.
Summer soaks through the skin with a humidity that is quite unexpected for this time of year.



My garden needs extra water and the chickens are seeking out shade in the midday hours. The pool blanket has been removed and the string lights unpacked. I have a list as long as my arm of all the necessary tasks to tend to before the festive season begins.



This translates to an alarm clock set just that one hour earlier; and bedtime just that one hour later (or does it?) Never the less as I endeavour to make sure all gets done I'm reminded of a wonderful quote from an Aesop fable ... "slow and steady wins the race"

Here's a minutes footage from my morning ... the fog was ghostly and the birds chorused loudly whilst I took an outside shower. It was such an atmospheric moment that I thought a still image might not quite suffice....



No at all what you'd call a Summer's morning. 
How was your weekend peoples? 
We were asked to "dog-sit" for friends.
It was fun.





1 comment:

Jane and Lance Hattatt said...

Hello Angy:
As you say, this does not seem at all what one would expect from a Summer morning. It all has a somewhat eerie quality and could certainly pass for Autumn's mists rather than a summer's haze.

Dog sitting is one thing but managing a whole pack of hounds seems quite a challenge to us!!!