Wednesday, July 4, 2012

City Limits ....

Date night in the city is ALWAYS fun.
Hubby and I love the bustle and staying in a hotel 
makes it all the more .... lavish.


However ......


... the more I do it ...


... the more I realise that I am a country mouse 
(faw shaw!)


The city has a pulse yes....


... it has a heartbeat yes ...


... and I know there is soul to be found .....


... even in the not so obvious places .....


But the more I look and the more I see ....
A country mouse is what I choose to be.

****

How bout you peoples? 
Do you need the fresh air and greenery as much as I do?

Do you find city visits exciting and stimulating?

... but then does the claustrophobia kinda sneak up on you 
and freak you out? (or is that just me?)

Do you love watching all the busy people - rushing to and fro - 
wondering what their lives are full of?

Do you find that the minute you step out of the rat race and into the
bush you breathe slowly and calm down and become painfully
aware of how beautiful our planet can be?

Tomorrow we leave for Margaret River ...

... to stay in a friends rammed earth cottage ...

... on 5 acres of bushland ...

... surrounded by vineyards, a pine forest
 & national parklands ....

.....for NINE days!

That's roughly 210 hours of fresh air.

See you soon!

****




3 comments:

Vintage Jane said...

Date nights are great as is the city, but I can't cope with more than a couple of days. The hustle and bustle makes me so tired. I start to feel as though everyone is rushing towards me but no-one can see me! Your holiday at Margaret River sounds like my idea of heaven. Enjoy! M x

Eleni said...

I still don't know which side of the fence I'm on! Having lived in London - the biggest of Smokes - for eight years I am rather biased towards the excitement of the city. I love people-watching, I love the eccentricity, the history, and of course the sheer over-abundance of cool stuff to see and do! Now I live in Bath, which is a much smaller and very pretty city, which I love because I can walk everywhere and still get my favourite facewash from Lush...but oh my, 210 hours of fresh air and quiet just sounds like heaven! I've been craving a short, green escape of late...if it ever stops raining I might try a wee camping trip this summer.

Have a wonderful holiday and so show us your photos!

Neesie said...

I'm definitely a country gal...I like to visit the city for all it's attractions but breath a sigh of relief once I leave.
Oh I'm drooling thinking about nine days holiday to the Margaret River...sigh...I remember it so well.
Have wonderful time ~ enjoy ;D