Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Too much of a good thing....


Well you know you're in for a super holiday when 
friends unselfishly prepare a batch of their 
Crazy Clarke Brownies to send with you...



But other than icing covered cheeks ...
What do nine bliss-filled days in 
Margaret River look like?
What are they filled with?
What is a family to do when stranded
(by choice of course)
in amongst some of the 
most beautiful countryside
Australia has to offer?
How do they cope in a rammed earth cottage, filled
with food, fire, hot water AND modern conveniences?



Bear in mind they are situated in a tourist hot spot - wineries, 
restaurants, beaches and cafes are only a 10 minute drive away.



Well peoples - put the kettle on because I've never 
posted these many images in one hit. 
It's just that bliss can be difficult to narrow down ....


So here's how the JAm family "coped"....


... fire lighting...



.... chai drinking ....


.... snoozing ....


... sun catching .....


.... preparing ...


.... Bear Grylling ....


..... chopping ...


... cooking .....


... wandering ....


... marvelling ...


... reflecting ...


... moss hunting ....


.... more moss hunting ...
(and yes ... that was mainly a "me" activity"


.... playing ....


... indulging ...


.... as above ...


.... enjoying ....


... relaxing ...


.... exploring ...


.... rain loving ...
(aside - object in Young Princes hand is not a dead animal
but rather a giant seed pod ... phew)


.... gazing....


... kissing ...


... winery hopping ...


... truffulla tree spotting ...


... photographing ...


... smiling ....


.... picking ...


.... quizzing ....


... greeting ....


... finding ....


... wondering ...


.... crouching ....


... chessing ..


... and of course eating.

Indeed eating became a "five to seven times a day"
activity ... the fresh air called for it.
Aaah peoples, I am rejuvenated and recharged.
Which is just as well since I have returned to
a rather daunting list of appointments 
(some fun - some not)

CONCLUSION:
There's no such thing as too much of a good thing.
No Sir

****

How have you all been?
Coping with Winter?
Uk peeps - Summer? Olympics? Tourists?
East Siders ... are you as cold as I am today?
I want to crochet but it's a challenge in thick woollen gloves!
Also just in case you need a lovely tune to bop
to today  - here's a cracker.

The words echo how I'm feeling
and the video clip always makes me laugh....




Ok ... time to "rise up to my ability"



3 comments:

WolvesAtTheDoor said...

AWESOME photos Ang, especially the mushroom and Maxi playing chess, love it. That's it, next time I'm coming with!!!

Eleni said...

Oh, it looks lovely! I feel ike I've been on a little holiday myself just looking at them!

PS: it's cold in the UK, too :)

Neesie said...

What a brilliant trip and I didn't even have to pack!
Thanks for taking me along with you ;D
Some fantastic photos and some wonderful memories stored away safely to treasure forever :D