Sunday, April 7, 2013

The Life Changing Loaf of (not) Bread by Sarah Britton ...

... taken from the drool worthy & super inspirational food blog called "My New Roots"

Ok where do I start?

Maybe with a photo? ... Yes a photo...


This peoples is what is known as the "Life Changing Loaf of Bread" and you'll find the recipe here on Sarah's blog.  Now for those of you who couldn't care less about carbs, bread well then this post probably means very little to you... BUT if you care about putting something good for you truly yummy into your cake hole... well read on. 


♥Hubby♥ baked it for me to celebrate the breaking of my juice fast and I am so glad he did. Although I began eating simple stewed fruits I knew that to embark on the road of "normal foods" I needed to start with something that would ease protein and fibre back into my system gently. This was perfect. The seeds and nuts are all softened in the "soaking" process therefore making them much easier to digest. There is no flour, no eggs and no yeast (which also means no kneading and no rise time) so it also provided a "pure" form of protein for me to start off with ...and can I just add that Hubster did a smashing job of it... Jb... you really do rock my world babe♥


I'm not going to go into all the health benefits (and there are a TRUCKLOAD) because Sarah does a much more qualified job of that in her article and recipe post. Suffice it to say this is more of an endorsement post from my tastebuds really...


The great thing is you can swap certain ingredients to suit your preferences (see recipe for what can and can't be traded to get perfect end results) and I found the toasted hazelnut flavour so divine. It's quite filling and therefore qualifies as a meal when topped properly....


For me a killer combo is Fresh Spinach....


Cumin Roasted Butternut Pumpkin ....


.. and generous dollops of Cashew Cheese.  

Personally I think the sky is the limit here peoples. Savoury or sweet it's a winner. I am so grateful to have discovered this because not only is it healthy, tasty and easy to make but it keeps well and makes for a great school lunch, morning tea treat and late night toast crimes. Salads, Preserves, Nut Butters, Pestos and Cheese... anything goes. 


Alright I feel as though I've pushed the issue enough now and those that skim over this treasure and relent to give it a go will just have to miss out... 

Me? I'm off to toast a slice and top it with... um... not sure yet... 

Enjoy lovelies!! 

♥♥♥








2 comments:

Kylie said...

Will def try this Angy, it's been 30 days of green juice for me today, I actually feel like it's going to be hard to stop (and I never thought I'd say that!)

ellen said...

This is so serendipitous....is that the word and did I spell it correctly?
Whatever..I have had this recipe for weeks and have not made it yet. But, I will for sure. I am not a person to go completely juice, but I have truly wanted to make this.
Tonight I made pumpkin/quinoa/whole wheat/organic apricots/candied ginger/organic sunflower seed muffins to go with our soup. Damn, they were good! Whew! Love to you.