Sunday, August 26, 2012

Saturday in the Park ...

They say that you can measure the success of a city
by the amount of greenery it offers....


... well actually that's just something I made up.
I would measure the success of a city that way and 
indeed my city scores very highly in this category.


Hyde Park is one such successful spot.
Cafes within walking distance and ample parking.


A lovely lake, picnic benches, a playground...


... and all importantly ... lots and lots of trees.



A mocha or two ...


... something sweet filled with caramel goo...


..... a friend who'll eat the crumbs you drop...


... people smiling and kids giggling....


What more can you ask?


This kind of public art is popping up everywhere and 
I must say I just love it.


We even spotted a couple of Black Swans...


Our state bird 

I think Hyde Park will see a lot more 
of the JAm family this Spring

****

So how was your weekend?
Your plans for the up and coming week?
We spent today in the garden cutting back
mad bushes and weeding.
In a minute my brother will be dropping by
with my nieces... It's been a very blessed weekend


3 comments:

In My Wild Eden said...

What a beautiful place to spend time. I love it all!

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh what a beautiful post, love the black swans , I have never saw those before, your photos are just amazing!!

Neesie said...

A lovely post that ticks all my boxes. It's great to see you by the way ;D
As you know Melbourne has so many wonderful parks too...I think it really does add something special to a city, having somewhere for people to spend some quality time together.
I love the black swans too and our local pond had one, but he seems to have decided to move on now ~ I like to think he's found his mate! ;D
I'm drawing a 'Willy Wagtail' this afternoon, but he's not having any crumbs on my dining room table. Well not until he's finished anyway!
Have a wonderful week ~ have lots of fun! xoxo