Saturday, August 10, 2013

Perspective ....


“We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.” 
― Abraham Lincoln


“Fairy Tales always have a happy ending.' That depends... on whether you are Rumpelstiltskin or the Queen.” 
― Jane YolenBriar Rose


“It is a narrow mind which cannot look at a subject from various points of view.” 
― George EliotMiddlemarch


“The most fatal illusion is the settled point of view. Since life is growth and motion, a fixed point of view kills anybody who has one.” 
― Brooks Atkinson


It has been said that astronomy is a humbling and character-building experience. There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.” 
― Carl SaganPale Blue Dot: A Vision of the Human Future in Space


Healthy Perspective 101

Always choose being happy over being right
(ALLLWAAAYS)

You never know someone else's story completely 
(what appears as rude behaviour may indeed be overwhelming grief)

Poor people with very little education or style are 
still streets ahead of anyone who notices this about them

Kindness really does cost nothing but oh boy 
can it feel like a million dollar gift when you receive it

Whatever you think the worst that can happen IS...
.. is really never ever as bad as you think it will be.

****


Peoples I hope you are finding yourself growing and learning
and discovering - it reminds us we're alive doesn't it?
I have had a week of wonderful growth

All the lessons and experiences have reminded me that 
we always have a choice when it comes to the perspectives we can take

I'll leave you with a video link to a collaboration between
two amazing minds... David Attenborough and Bjork.
(yes you read correctly)
They are mutual fans and the result of their meeting is just amazing.


PS - it's pretty long so you may want to stream it when you 
have time to relax and absorb the awesomeness Xx

Oh and one more thing... there's an APP as well...

Perspective ... wow.




4 comments:

Neesie said...

Wow there's a such a lot to take in on this post.
I've only sneaked in here whilst I'm supposed to be doing other things so I'll have to return to see the link later. I'm so intrigued.
Love the quotes and oh boy those cherries look delish! ;D

Have a great week
xoxo

cara said...

I've only watched the first 10 minutes of Attenborough and Bjork but it was an amazing 10 minutes. And I love that first quote about the thorns. And the rest too.

In My Wild Eden said...

Beautiful pictures and quotes. I love the first one by Abraham Lincoln/ I had never hears it before. I have watched part of the video but am saving it to watch with my husband who will also love it. Thank you!

ellen said...

This post speaks wonders to me. Perfect quotes...I hope that I am still growing and learning and discovering, and I don't ever want to stop. I will watch the rest of the video soon. Thank you for the link.
Love the photos..."a bowl full of cherries"...we are free to choose that, tho. sometimes it is hard when sorrow comes to us or to those we love.
Thanks again...and I am so glad that you had such a wonderful week.
xo